-
April 9th, 2006, 02:04 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I have discovered that the tube that goes fron the front of the oven to the burner, the one which you light the burner through is all rusted out on my stove. Can I ge a replacement tube and if so where? I have decided not to have the fellow do the work on my stove becaus he insists on installing electronic ignition.
-
April 9th, 2006, 02:53 PM
#2
Inactive Member
You can lift the burner out of the stove and remove that tube - it's just 2 screws holding it in. I'm sure you could find a similar tube, or have one cut to order.
Lowracer seems to be really good at improvisiving - maybe he can respond where to find such a piece of tubing.
-
April 10th, 2006, 03:46 AM
#3
Inactive Member
I have used a piece of Electrical metal conduit, cut to the correct length. It is available at Lowe's or Home Depot or an electrical supply dealer. The bad news is that you may have to purchase a 10 foot length to use only about 6 inches. Maybe you could find an electrician and ask for a piece of scrap.
And check out the Chambers Literature here:
[url="http://stores.ebay.com/The-Uncertain-Stoveman?refid=store"]http://stores.ebay.com/The-Uncertain-Stoveman?refid=store[/url]
-
April 10th, 2006, 03:56 AM
#4
Inactive Member
Before you replace that tube, consider whether you'll be installing a safety system. With a safety system installed, you do not need that tube anymore.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks